At a Glance:
- Inverroy delivered crisis management plans for each of Argent’s four major sites and successfully updated Argent’s corporate plan.
- Inverroy delivered four TTXs per site, involving Argent’s Senior Leadership and Middle Management Crisis Management Teams, with an average of eight delegates at each exercise.
- Over 60 personnel received training to understand roles and responsibilities, procedures, and communication both within the CMT and with external stakeholders.
- Inverroy measured success in four ways, including receiving positive feedback and stakeholder satisfaction, and forging long-term relationships, leading to a further contract to deliver 12 TTXs per annum to support Argent’s CMP.
- Inverroy was asked to provide additional training following the successful delivery of the original scope of work, delivering four courses of log keeper training for PA’s and EAs of the Crisis Management Teams with excellent feedback reported after.
Argent LLP, a developer who regenerates areas for mixed-use developments in the UK, had been a client of Inverroy for over two years. In March 2020, Inverroy was tasked with providing site-specific Crisis Management Plans (CMP) covering four main sites and planning and delivering a series of suitable Table-Top Exercises (TTX) to test the plan and employees engaged within the project.
Argent follows an outsourced delivery model which means that whilst Argent staff and involved in and direct every project, many of the activities are delivered by contractors. The challenge was to provide site-specific plans that would dovetail into the existing CMP to suit the Argent business construct and ways of working.
Inverroy met with the project manager responsible for the four main developments to discuss their projects and concerns within the site-specific plans. Inverroy then combined all information to produce a site-specific plan to dovetail into the corporate plan which Argent then approved. Inverroy then ran TTXs for Argent personnel, initially aimed at validating and amending the site-specific plan. Follow-on training was aimed at ensuring staff awareness and capabilities by rehearsing their individual and collective roles and responsibilities.
Inverroy delivered crisis management plans for each of the four major sites. This then led to the successful update of Argent’s corporate plan. Inverroy delivered four TTXs per site and involved Argent’s Senior Leadership and Middle Management Crisis Management Teams. At the end of each workshop, Inverroy hosted a hot wash-up to allow for immediate feedback. Inverroy measured success in four ways, including positive feedback and stakeholder satisfaction, and long-term relationships were forged, leading to a further contract to deliver 12 TTXs per annum to support Argent’s CMP. Over 60 personnel have received training to understand roles and responsibilities, procedures, and communication both within the CMT and with external stakeholders.