Crisis & Continuity Management Consultant
Inverroy Crisis Management Ltd
Edinburgh City, Scotland, United Kingdom
*Closing midnight 1 December*
Inverroy offers comprehensive resilience planning to help organisations to navigate the unknown with confidence. Our services include Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Security Risk Management.
Inverroy works across all sectors, in particular energy and renewables, to design bespoke resilience management solutions to ensure organisations are ready to respond when disruption strikes. With more than 300 years of collective experience, Inverroy supports organisations to build robust response and recovery procedures, train teams and deliver emergency exercises to validate plans and processes.
As a consultant with Inverroy you will work for clients to provide outstanding professional advice and support to enhance their overall resilience but focusing primarily on Emergency Response, Crisis Management and Business Continuity Management, known collectively as “Crisis and Continuity Management” or “CCM”.
As part of the Inverroy team, you will also work to improve our market position and achieve financial growth. All consultants will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Conduct thorough assessments of client organisations to understand their current plans, identify risks and assess vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with clients to develop organisational resilience plans, including incident response, crisis management and business continuity.
- Provide training to clients.
- Plan and deliver tabletop exercises and simulation exercises.
- Prepare supporting documentation such as Business Impact Analysis, and Risk Assessments.
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Support will be offered from the wider team where required.
- Project Management – CCM
- Delivery consultancy CCM projects to clients in accordance with the approved Scope of Work.
- Ensure that at all stages of delivery, the client is “delighted” with the project outcomes.
- Utilise and manage additional support for projects from within the Inverroy Team as required.
- Support other Inverroy team members to deliver projects.
- Work towards leading on CCM projects.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client de-briefs.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers and Inverroy.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Project management (5 years)
- Development and delivery of training to individuals and small teams (5 years)
- Development and delivery of Simulated Exercises
- Time management and planning skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel will be required, mainly visiting clients and occasionally attending meetings in Edinburgh.
- Business Continuity Institute certification
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Energy industry experience
This position will be remote but some travel will be required, mainly visiting clients and occasionally attending meetings in Edinburgh.
All applications should be in form of CV and cover letter, emailed to Operations Manager email@example.com