Assistant Operations Manager
Assistant Operations Manager
Inverroy Crisis Management Ltd
Edinburgh City, Scotland, United Kingdom
*Closing midnight 24 November*
Inverroy offers comprehensive resilience planning to help organisations to navigate the unknown with confidence. Our services include Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Security Risk Management.
Inverroy works across all sectors, in particular energy and renewables, to design bespoke resilience management solutions to ensure organisations are ready to respond when disruption strikes. With more than 300 years of collective experience, Inverroy supports organisations to build robust response and recovery procedures, train teams and deliver emergency exercises to validate plans and processes.
As part of the Inverroy team, you will assist the Operations Manager to help Inverroy improve its market position and achieve financial growth. Your main role will be to assist with the coordination of consultants in order to ensure that the business runs smoothly and efficiently and with consistency in every element of our output.
As a small, but expanding business, all personnel work closely together and there is inevitable cross-over within roles which provides an excellent opportunity to gain additional experience. Such opportunities will be managed by the Operations Manager and may involve supporting consultants in a client-facing role, the intent being to ensure that incumbents of the Assistant Ops Manager role gain a valuable breadth of experience.
Inverroy prides itself on the provision of outstanding professional advice and support to enhance a client’s overall resilience but focusing specifically on Emergency Response, Crisis Management and Business Continuity Management, known collectively as “Crisis and Continuity Management” or “C&CM”. In the last year, this core offering has been supplemented by another key resilience capability – Security Risk Management.
- Assisting the Operations Manager to maintain an overview of all projects being undertaken by Inverroy Consultants to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within the allocated budget.
- Assisting with Quality Assurance of all team outputs to ensure consistency and quality.
- Support other Inverroy team members to deliver projects.
- Assist with the management of project timesheets.
- Assist with the management of marketing material including making suggestions about changes or future developments.
- Maintain an overview of business administration processes to ensure they are fully embedded within the company process.
- Assist with the client feedback process.
- Preparing and sending monthly invoices.
- Assist with company financial management including credit card and bank account reconciliation, expense tracking etc as required.
- Liaising with our travel agent to book travel and accommodation.
- Onboarding and offboarding staff members.
- Gather data and provide statistics for both management and board meetings.
- Maintaining contracts with service providers such as HR and IT companies.
- Assist our IT service provider with the administration of the company IT system including Office 365, SharePoint and MS Teams.
- Assist with the periodic review of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Manage the weekly MS Team calls and organise periodic full team meetings.
- Manage the Monthly Management Meeting including preparing agendas, taking, and distributing minutes and ensuring actions are tracked and followed up.
- Assist with activities required to support maintenance of our Business Continuity Management System and our ISO 22301 accreditation.
- Be prepared to assist with the implementation of ISO 9001 accreditation when directed.
- Maintain the company Cyber Policy and Cyber Incident Response Plan.
- Assist with the organisation of cyber security training in line with the Annual Training Plan.
- Monitor staff IP addresses for any threats.
- Liaise with our IT support provider and help maintain Cyber Essentials accreditation.
- Ensure staff are aware of the latest cyber security threats and be a point of contact if any employees require assistance.
- Conduct Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses as required by the Managing Director or Ops Mgr.
- Be prepared to assist with any other task as directed or required to maintain outputs, meet deadlines etc.
- A certain amount of travel will be required, mainly to Edinburgh, for team meetings.
- Graduate in relevant subject.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Project management experience or training.
- Social Media marketing experience or training.
- General marketing experience or training.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience or knowledge of financial management.
This position will be remote but with occasional travel to clients and an expectation to attend a team meeting in Edinburgh twice per year.
All applications should be in form of CV and cover letter, emailed to Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org